Tuesday, September 25, 2012

WARNING

This whole thing has taught me to ask questions - do your research - if something doesn't feel right, it's probably not! Researching LEXAPRO myself might have made me more aware of the risks - the serious ones that the drug companies don't feel the need to educate doctors about! When a doctor hands you a script , be aware that they only know what the drug companies tell them, DO go home & google the medication BEFORE you blindly take one... IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE - OR AT LEAST LIFE AS YOU KNOW IT!
 At this point I should mention I am/& have been for quite a while in a wheelchair due to bilateral footdrop - a condition I was born with in which the muscle that lifts the feet up & down doesn't work. I have never let it hold me back - driving, working a full time job, living on my own before I got married... These things were difficult, yes, but not impossible & I proved that everyday!

It started alil over a year  ago. I was in a deep depression, having  difficult time dealing with my Dads' untimely death, & my doctor (who incidentally is an amazing & competent doctor) recommended LEXAPRO.  I have all the faith in the world in him so I didn't ask questions - after all, he is the doctor, right?  After a month I went back saying 'it just didn't feel right'. He told me give it time to get in my system. FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS! Three months later I woke up thinking I had a stroke: no muscle strength, couldn't speak, chronic migraines, etc...  Over the next 6 months, through MANY tests & process of elimination - I had no health issues, just a HORRIBLE reaction to a simple anti depressant. 
Even 6 mnths later - I get dizzy & fall frequently, I am unable to transfr from my wheelchair to our van (I haven't been out w/o CARTS in over 6 mnths), I even have my husbands help to get into bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment